Netting is a galvanised wire product, twisted to form a hexagonal shaped hole.
Netting is generally categorised by the size of the wire from which it is made:
- Chicken netting = less than 0.9mm wire diameter
- Hardware netting = 0.9mm or 1.0mm wire diameter
- Rural netting = greater than 1.4mm wire diameter
- Chicken netting comes in a wide range of widths from 150mm to 1800mm. It has a small hexagonal hole of 13mm and is made from a fine wire (0.55mm)
- It is perfect for a wide variety of uses from building chicken coops (as its name would suggest) to general fencing and vermin proofing rooves.
- Netting is purchased by fencers, fabricators and builders / roofers.
- Hardware netting has a larger hexagonal hole and wire diameter than chicken netting .
- It is used mostly for light fencing
- Rural netting is made from the heaviest gauge of wire.
- It is used mostly for building heavy duty rural fences.